Friday, October 8, 2010

Generation of Locusts

I like BigThink, where Eruptions! moved to. A lot of thoughtful pieces there. Two I saw in the last few days touched on my biggest source of angst, one me and my peers have felt since the '80s. That is, the baby boomers have pulled the ladder up behind themselves, leaving behind a mess they refuse to acknowledge.

Today, Mark Seddon tell us how the Boomers are leaving behind a broken economic/social  system, both in the US and the UK.

I have been meaning to write a long post on how the Dems lost the working class, basically pinning it on the hijacking of the party by New Left inspired ideology in the early 70's. The New Left apparently wasn't that interested in traditional labor issues, concentrating more on labor issues. Anyway, in one part of an interview Gen. Wesley Clark explains how that ideology has allowed the Republicans to paint the Dems as weak and unAmerican ever since. Add in the fact that the anti-war movement demonized servicemen, most of whom were working class and many of who were drafted, the alienation of the working class towards the Dems is not surprising.

I can go on about this, but right now I things to do.  I'll leave you with one more example, the Conan-Leno fiasco!

No comments: